Pet Blogger Challenge | GBGV
Today is the 3rd annual Pet Blogger Challenge, hosted by the wonderful, inspiring, and adventurous Amy Burkert of GoPetFriendly.com and GoPetFriendlyBlog.comThis is my first year participating in the Pet Blogger Challenge. It sounds like a great idea for bloggers to exchange ideas and help each other out since we are a friendly community and not competitors! I am excited to see what I can learn from other fellow bloggers. My answers to the first time participant questions are below. Just so you know mom had to help me out a little bit with these things, I am responsible for blog content but she handles this kind of thing for me.
- When did you begin your blog? I started my blog on Nov. 8, 2011
- What was your original purpose for starting a blog? The main reason I started my blog was to promote my breed, the GBGV here in the USA as we are fairly new here and still trying to get full AKC status.
- Is your current purpose the same? If not, what’s different? If so how do you feel you’ve met your goals? I guess my purpose is still to promote the GBGV breed but also just to have fun and show my readers what a fun pup I am and what I can do.
- How often do you post? I post normally twice a week, once and a great while 3 times a week.
- Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you? If you publish on a schedule, why? How strict are you about our publishing deadlines? What do you do for inspiration when it feels like you’ve covered every topic? If you don’t publish on a schedule, why? How do you think your decision affects your audience? How do you now when a topic is post/worthy? I blog on a fairly regular schedule. I like to have a post on Mon., Tues., or Wed., that goes with the corresponding blog hop since I like those blog hops and then I post on Friday or Saturday for the second post of the week. I think my readers know roughly when I post and I put it out on twitter and facebook as well as available blog hops. My posts either have to do with a specific date such as a birthday or holiday, or some fun idea that I come up with that I think readers will enjoy. My inspirations is really Emma (the dog writing the blog) She is usually sitting with me when I write and just looking at her inspires me to write what I believe to be her thoughts with her personality. When she is not present, I have a hard time writing.
- How much time do you spend writing your blog per week? How much time visiting other blogs? Share your tips for staying on top of it all. I probably spend a couple hours a week for both posts including the photo shoots and writing. Every morning I go through all the blogs that I subscribe to and read their posts and make my comments. To stay on top of it all, I try to keep at least 1-2 blog posts on hand for times when I am pressed for time and I try to read all the blogs I subscribe to everyday so I don’t get a huge backlog. I am one of those over organized types so things usually get done as they come up.
- How do you measure the success of a post and of your blog in general (comments, shares, traffic)? Do you look strictly at the numbers, or do you have a way of assessing the quality of those interactions? I measure success by the number of views and then the comments and likes.
- If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one issue you’re having with your blog, what would it be? The thing I would like to figure out is how to get more and new readers. I have gotten my twitter, facebook and pinterest working but I would like to expand and don’t know how.
- What goals do you have for your blog in 2013? I hope to keep gaining readers and subscribers and I hope to keep coming up with fun topics. I would like to start writing a book which I could blog about as it progresses if I get it started.
Click here for a list of the blogs participating in the Pet Blogger Challenge!