Skip to content

UGH, the Vet | GBGV | Monday Mischief

March 4, 2013
Riding to the vet, Katie is sad!

Riding to the vet, Katie is sad!

Friday should be such a good day and I was hoping it would be but then mom said that awful word, V-E-T!  This sure set me into a panic as that place scares me to death!  They are such nice people, they give me unlimited treats, they pet me and even greet me by name when I arrive but they do weird things to dogs there if you ask me.  Katie is terrified too. We have to go in once a year for a heartworm test so we can get a new prescription and yes, we both passed, no problem!

We were almost late for our appointment as

We are weighing in together today, mom!

We are weighing in together today, mom!

Katie refused to get out of bed and get into the car. I think she knew where we were headed even though mom tried to be so cheery.  Mom is not good at lying to us! Finally we were on the road in our usual positions – I am always looking out the back window seeing where we have been and Katie hangs her head over the back seat wondering how much longer until we get where we are going. She looked especially sad on the way to the vet I must say! Mom took the photo at a red light, not while driving in case anyone was worried!

I think I see a squirrel up in that tree!

I think I see a squirrel up in that tree!

We hop out of the car and walk into the vet office just fine but once we are in we start shaking and keep trying to pull mom back over to the door so we can leave but she always insists on staying which I just don’t understand.  We have to get on the scale every time we are there too.  Now we are in shape, so it is not a big deal but it is still rather embarrassing because the scale is in the waiting room so everyone can see and you know us girls don’t like to broadcast our weight no matter what it is! This time Katie and I decided to just get on together and refuse to be on the scale

What a great stick, amazing!

What a great stick, amazing!

alone. Mom kept laughing so hard that she could not separate us so finally someone came over and helped her so we each got weighed separately.  Then the unthinkable happened! The vet tech took us in the back without mom…never a good thing when we don’t have mom with us but we survived getting blood taken and got some treats. We got back in the car and mom finished up paying. I can’t believe they charge to torture us dogs and mom goes along with it!

Once we were back on the road mom said we

Look mom I'm up side down!

Look mom I’m up side down!

were going to the dog park as a reward for being so good, yay!!!  The weather was warm but not real melty yet, so it was ok to still go to the park. Mom doesn’t let us go in the spring when it is all wet and muddy which is actually my favorite time.  I really wanted to just go home but Katie met some friends right away and was having a ton of fun. I preferred to just hang around with mom until we got into the woods and there were some critter smells and other interesting stuff.  Katie kept finding friends and playing chase and was also out front leading us along behind her.  It is so nice

Some great smells right here in this area!

Some great smells right here in this area!

to see her having so much fun.  I found some great stuff to roll in and mom enjoyed yelling at me about it but I did not care, I did it anyway.  We walked around for about half an hour and then it was time to go home.  Katie was getting slow and mom did not want to wear her out too much.  Katie was way back, so mom took me to the car and got me strapped in and then went back for Katie. Wouldn’t you know, Katie did not want to go home! She would not come and would not let mom catch her! She has done this since she was a puppy but now that she is older it is rare.  Although mom was frustrated with poop fairy signher, she was happy to see that Katie did not really want to leave and still has that bad dog thing in her old lady dog self!

I am also posting the poop fairy sign which we thought was quite amusing!

Welcome to Monday Mischief – The pet blog hop that wraps up the weekend! This Blog Hop is brought to you by Alfie’s BlogSnoopy’s Dog BlogMy Brown Newfies and Luna, A Dog’s Life

Monday-Mischief-Button-150x150-px

48 Comments leave one →
  1. March 4, 2013 06:27

That poop fairy sign is brilliant. I think I need to put a few of them up around here.

2. March 4, 2013 06:31

You will never believe this but I actually don’t mind the vet that much. I don’t pull or shake. I sit and “smile” while I wait my turn. Mom thinks it is because I go to the vet to be groomed and when I go there I never know what I am going there for. Barks and licks and love, Dakota

• March 4, 2013 06:40

We behave well and let the vet do everything, we are just scared to death. I don’t like the groomer either, so that wouldn’t help me out much…fear of getting my ears cleaned there! Uh oh, I sound like a scardy dog :)

3. March 4, 2013 07:21

The Poop Fairy sign is great! We need to get Thunder and Storm into the vet’s for heart worm check this month. They go, but would rather be other places. :)

• March 4, 2013 09:12

Yep, us dogs feel there are much better things to do than going to that vet place!

4. March 4, 2013 07:51

Hehehe love that you guys stuck together at the vets:-)
    Glad to hear you did something fun afterwards

5. March 4, 2013 08:24

Great post – and I love the Poop Fairy sign, too!! Very clever!!

6. March 4, 2013 08:39

We’ll have to repost our local poop signs. They aren’t quite as humorous as yours, but they are kind of funny!

I’m glad you got such a great reward after that harrowing ordeal at the vet’s office! I don’t blame Katie for running off and keeping your mom on her toes after that trip.

Bunny

7. March 4, 2013 08:44

Going to the vet is a necessary evil, at least you got some fun park time. Love the sign too.

• March 4, 2013 09:14

I know, mom doesn’t like going to her human dr either but she says she has to go. Good she takes us because I could never make myself go to the vet!

8. barkandchatter permalink
    March 4, 2013 09:04

Glad you made it through your ordeal! And we LOVE the fairy sign! There should be a bathroom sign for the peeps at our house!

9. FleaByte permalink
    March 4, 2013 10:25

At eleven years old, my dogs still don’t have a vet. I take them to the feed store once a year for their shots. They’ve been super healthy dogs.

That sign! That is a beautiful thing.

Have a great Monday, Emmadog!

• March 4, 2013 12:47

That is great! Having traveled to different countries and continents we had to go to a vet and where we live I don’t think we have such a feed store but maybe I would like it better than a vet!

10. March 4, 2013 11:36

I’m so glad you are both heartworm free and I love the poop fairy sign!

• March 4, 2013 12:48

It kills mom since we take our meds on schedule and have no signs of illness but still have to get tested for $40 each year but it is the way it is, main thing is that we are healthy!

11. March 4, 2013 11:37

Those two are too cute! Eko loves getting in the car, but when he finds out we’re driving to the vet he is less than pleased!

• March 4, 2013 12:49

When we figure that out it kind of puts a damper on our spirits too ;)

12. March 4, 2013 14:02

Hmmm, Emma…I don’t mind going to the V-E-T at all. The only thing that bothers me is when the V-E-T or his assistance is “around back” doing something weird to me. BOL I hope your week gets better.
    *Cairn cuddles*

• March 5, 2013 06:19

Friday and the vet are history, this week is great! I am in Target and it is snowing so what could be better! Have a great week too!

13. March 4, 2013 15:03

They should spell it VETT so it could be a four letter word!

• March 5, 2013 06:20

I know, just like B-A-T-H is 4 letters and it is really bad ;)

14. March 4, 2013 17:17

Love the Poop Fairy.

15. March 4, 2013 22:12

I bet you could tell your Mom was lying because her voice was higher than normal. Us humans have a habit of trying to sound extra excited about the “worst” things :)

16. mollieandalfie permalink
    March 5, 2013 04:11

I hate the vet :( Love your walk in the snow and that NO POOP FAIRY is hilarious xx00xx

Mollie and Alfie

17. March 5, 2013 12:32

Despite the vet it sounds like the day ended okay. Love the poop fairy sign, I wonder if I could order a couple, people around my area do NOT pick up after their dogs!

18. March 5, 2013 15:05

Woof! Woof! That’s good to hear your visit went well. Golden LAUGHS on the sign.LOVE it. They have have that here … as many irresponsible dog owners. You made thought a vlog post title … Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

19. snoopys@snoopysdogblog permalink
    March 5, 2013 16:03

Hey Emma,

I love that you were sharing the weight on the scales, such a good idea!!

I like to watch out the back of the car too, there’s so much to look at…..

And the poop fairy sign, now that’s funny, I haven’t seen one like that before!! :)

Wags to all and I hope you’re over the trauma of the vets, you poor things!

Your pal Snoopy :)

• March 5, 2013 17:50

We forgot about it as soon as we were out the door, just don’t like to go there no matter how nice the people are, it is scary!

20. March 5, 2013 18:55

What a day at the vet! Sharing the scale was a good idea, then noone can pinpoint what either of you weigh. Maybe your mom doesn’t know they are torturing you, since they take you in the back where she can’t see? At least she took you to the park afterwards – although if she really wants to do something special – she should take you again when it’s all good and muddy! ;-)

• March 6, 2013 06:01

Oh yes, I would love to go when it is a mess at the park but my sister Katie doesn’t like getting dirty, she is like mom in that respect!

21. March 5, 2013 19:19

congrats Emma on being a target dog!!!! That sign is hilarious!!!!! There is no poop fairy, bahahahaha

22. March 5, 2013 23:41

I have 2 vets that I visit. One is where I go for dreaded shots and HW tests and that stuff. My Mom Person has to drag me in there. They treat me pretty nice there, like your vet. They even have my picture on their wall. But I don’t trust them, you know? The other vet though is a magic man. I dance all the way to his office! He makes me feel really good all over. You should find a vet like him!

• March 6, 2013 06:02

Interesting…the second one sounds good but I think we should just skip everything vet related…just my opinion.

23. March 6, 2013 00:30

One little blood draw, treats and then off to the dog park. I think all that fun was worth one just a few minutes at the vet. Lexie and Mica love to go to the vet. They don’t mind the exam, or shots, or blood and they love both our vets. Lexie even gives them a kiss before we go :)

• March 6, 2013 06:03

Wow, what kind of drugs do they take before they go? Not sure why we are so scared as they don’t really hurt us and they have lots of treats and hands for petting but we are just scared there.

%d bloggers like this: