Last Minute Taxes | GBGV | Monday Mischief

I have no idea how I spent so much money on food and snacks!

I have no idea how I spent so much money on food and snacks!

Oh dear, today is the dreaded April 15th…in the USA, that means tax day!  My mom is one of those overly organized types and then there is me, the shaggy, messier one which means that mom has her taxes all done the beginning of February and I am still finishing mine up on April 15th.  Well, I have until midnight, so what’s the hurry?

This year has been especially tough for figuring out my taxes.  Until 2012, I never had any income except for gifts or my doggy allowance but in 2012 I got my first real job where I actually got paid, so I have to really figure out my expenses and stuff to make sure I don’t have any trouble with the canine division at the IRS.  The word on the street is that the canine division can sniff out a tax offender from miles away, yikes!

passportI am a bit worried this year about my citizenship.  I don’t have a doggy green card to work in the USA. I have searched the internet for information on this issue but I can’t find anything.  Do any of my friends and followers know anything about doggy green cards?  In checking with some dog pals I found that my sister and I are like the only dogs that even have passports, so I guess there aren’t many foreign dogs here.  I am just worried that I may end up in jail or even worse, be deported, for working without proper papers since I am technically still a British dog according to my Pet Passport.

Getting my figures together for my spreadsheet.

Getting my figures together for my spreadsheet.

Nevertheless, I am filing my usual W-K9 form this year but it is much more than just filling out the form. First I have to gather all my receipts to figure out my expenses for the year.  I have no idea how I manage to spend so much on snacks but it just happens, maybe I should eat those receipts???  I like to get everything together on a spreadsheet to make it easier when I fill out my tax form.  I sure hope mom isn’t mad about how much I spent on food and snacks!  Once I have my spreadsheet done I can go to my office and get to work on the computer entering my data. This part of the procedure goes astonishingly fast!

at my desk

According to my W-K9 form, I have spent so much more than I made that I don’t owe anything and since I did not pay in yet, I don’t get a refund either.  The form still has to be filed and will need to go in a nicely addressed envelope and then off to the mailbox.  Uh oh…I wonder how much postage a big envelope will need.  I have so many different stamps to choose from but no idea what it will cost.  I best just put on like $10 in stamps to make sure it gets there.  The stamps belong to mom anyway, I doubt she will even know I used them!  To bad they stick by themselves, I love licking stamps, they have such an interesting flavor!

Boy, these stamps are all different amounts! I wonder how many I need?

Boy, these stamps are all different amounts! I wonder how many I need?

My last tax tip is my personal protest and even though I am a girl I do this and recommend it.  Place your taxes in the mailbox and then lift your leg and pee on the mailbox…that sends them a message about how you feel about paying some guy named Uncle Sam that you have never met, your hard earned money!  This reminds me, has anyone ever met this illusive “uncle Sam”?  How did he get to be such an alpha human if no one seems to have ever met him?

Monday-Mischief-Button-150x150-pxWelcome to Monday Mischief – The pet blog hop that wraps up the weekend! This Blog Hop is brought to you by Alfie’s BlogSnoopy’s Dog BlogMy Brown Newfies and Luna, A Dog’s Life

Comments

My human loved your last tax tip! Hopefully she is not going to pee on the computer if she files online!
    I have a European passport too! So does Milou! We don’t have a green card though but I think we can use our humans’
    Purrs

2. Ellen Shedlarz says

Emma- I think you and your Mom should write a book on all of your adventures. I look forward to reading them. Then you could go on a book signing tour and we could all meet you! Wouldn’t that be fun?!

• says

Thank you, I am actually working on my first book right now and hope to have it out around the beginning of November. The tentative title is “Tales of a French Scent Hound”. I just have the rough draft right now, but as things progress I will mention more about it and for sure will be posting when it comes out. I plan a paperback and e-book release at the same time.

• snoopys@snoopysdogblog says

Hey Emma,

That’s awesome news about your book buddy – I’ve been dying for you to write a book!! :)

I’m in shock at how much you spend on food and treats – what on earth are you eating, it sure isn’t carrots, kibble, ice cubes (and a measly few dentastix) like I get!! I know for sure my food bill is nowhere near yours!!

If you ever do meet that Uncle Sam I wouldn’t recommend peeing on him! Some mischief should only be imagined! :)

Wags to all

Your pal Snoopy :)

• says

I love my snacks and I share them with friends…maybe my math was off? As you know a book is a big undertaking, so I am hoping I can get it done by November, we will see.

• says

I love doing photo shoots, mom says I am a show off and a natural which is the ideal combination :) Say photo shoot and I come running!

Wonderful tax tips here Emma…I did wonder how you spent twice on snacks what you did on food but then I saw those snack boxes on your desk and realized that you must be buying snacks for all the guests at your B&B so maybe you can deduct them as a business expense Happy Mischief Monday!

Great photos! Love that last tip – although we e-filed, so no peeing to send a message here!

Sounds like you are an illegal alien – as is my pup. She’s from Mexico. I’m pretty sure you are both too cute to ever be deported! :)

• says

I figure I could fight it if it came down to it…at least I entered legally, I have the customs papers :) Did your dog dig a tunnel up from Mexico or come in legally??? That could make quite the story, the digging version I mean!

Emma, get those taxes in!!! Since you don’t owe anything…nor are you getting anything back…you surely don’t want the IRS to fine you for getting them in late! All those fines go directly to the elusive “Uncle Sam”…who I hear spends our tax dollars and fines on treats for himself! My taxes are already in but I shall head out now to the mailbox to pee on it just for spite.
    *high paws*

• says

Nice work Oz. I am just not organized enough and I spend too much time obsessing over wabbits and squirrels…I forget about the taxes. Glad you will pee on the mailbox…we have to all take a stand!

6. barkandchatter says

Wow, Emma, you sure have had your paws full! The Dad handles the taxes around here – he thinks eating the paper trail may not be the best idea, but peeing on the mailbox is probably the best tax advice ever! (He’s going to wait till after dark though!)

7. goldenwoofs says

Woof! Woof! Golden LAUGHS! Big returns $$$$ more DELISH Treats. Survived 2013 taxes. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

hahaha, look at all those taxes! Glad to see your doggy spa is included though, only the best is what Ema should get! Love you with the little hat! lol, way to cute!

Hope the form – shouldn’t your fokes be paying all your treat expenses and stuff as a thank you for all you do around the house?? You need to be having words!!

• says

I wonder if you live near my parents in England…I really want to stay with my mom but it is good to know in case things turn ugly :)

I don’t know about that whole greencard thing…I think you might have to get married Emma…even though I know your not into the boys and all!

Good thing you didn’t owe anything, but it would have been nice to get a refund. To get more treats of course. I don’t think you spent nearly enough on treats. ;-)

11. jank1961 says

Emma, you are such a good little office worker! All my dogs do is lay on the couch or their beds in my office….would you like to come be my office assistant for my bookkeeping business? It looks like you have the experience needed! We might have to get that green card issue fixed though. :)

• says

I think if I get more work I definitely have to get the green card issue straight. I am not real fond of the bookkeeping work, I prefer my modeling work :)

LOL Hadn’t thought about the lifting my leg and peeing part, but it is a good idea! You could do taxes on the side Emma and earn a little extra paw money. :)

I showed this to my person and she laughed out loud! She’s in financial planning, so she has been very much looking forward to the passing of April 15th! Thanks for the giggle!