Flower Time | GBGV | Mischief Monday

As you know I live in Minnesnowta where July is the only month on record without a snowfall! Yikes! Sometimes I have to wonder why we moved here!  Normally we plant our pretty flowers by mid-May but this year since we had snow until May 3rd, things were a bit delayed. It has been exceptionally cold, so mom wanted to wait to get our flowers and then she went off to Blogpaws so we had to put it off for yet another week. Finally, she went out and got flowers so all that was left was for me to plant them in our pots for her.

hauling flowers

We have several larger pots on our deck, so I figured the best plan of attack would be to load those plants into the wheelbarrow and take them around back that way.

working the dirt

I use my old pool that has some leaks to put my dirt mixture in so it doesn’t make a big mess on the deck. I can mix it up nicely in there and then easily scoop it into my pots.

flowers in the planter

After I get the dirt, the plants and some more dirt in the pot I need to get my paws in there and pack it down a bit to keep the plants in place.

finished flower pot

Yep, the first one is done! I think it looks pretty and it kind of matches my gardening outfit and tools. Now I just have 3 more to plant on the deck and 2 out front.

Smelling the flowers

Once you finish planting, don’t forget to stop and take a moment to sniff your hard work!

Monday-Mischief-Button-150x150-pxWelcome to Monday Mischief – The pet blog hop that wraps up the weekend! This Blog Hop is brought to you by Alfie’s BlogSnoopy’s Dog BlogMy Brown Newfies and Luna, A Dog’s Life

Comments

Wow I am very impressed, as is typist – she loves the paddling pool idea as she was complaining about getting soil everywhere when she was doing her pots last week!

It is quite a good idea that mom had as she hates having to sweep up a mess. Now we can just dump the pool in the grass when we are done :)

You are definitely an experienced gardener Emma and a very neat and organized one too…You can teach my Momz a few things :)

I try to keep the mess to a minimum although planting and playing in the mud would be much more fun!

That’s so nice that you are so helpful. Rita just tries to stand in between me and the pots. (Maybe she’s at least *trying* to help.) I can’t believe July is the only month on record with no snow! Yikes! But, on the bright side, you don’t have to work in the yard all year ’round. :)

Eleven months with the possibility of snow. Yikes is right! Nice job planting though…love the idea of using the kiddie pool. And to think we threw ours away last year when Toby “ate” it. :-(

I bury the bottom parts of the flower plants, but I am not big into burying things since my sister would just dig them up and steal them.

She is the laziest dog! She just hangs our and looks pretty while I work my little furry behind off ;) I guess she feels that since she is almost 11 she deserves a break.

Oh yes, I actually cause a lot of trouble because I call her to action a lot which mom does not appreciate! She would kill for me or mom, no doubt :)