An Unlikely Guest | GBGV

emmas b and b

Emma’s B&B is now in full swing for the summer season and guess who showed up at my door? None other than my cousin Bowie the cat in his cool new carrier! I have never had a cat at my B&B before – I was wondering how it would work out. Katie and I know Bowie from when we visit him at Gramma’s house but Bowie has never been to my house and has never met my cats, Bert and Sophie.

GBGV Bowie in carrier

Being a cat, he did not really want to get out of his carrier. He seemed to be pretty scared about being at our house. Bert came over and sniffed around on him a few times, sometimes they hissed at each other. I found that really bad, so I raced over, broke it up, and barked at them to play nice.

the 3 cats

Bowie did come out of his carrier finally during the first night. In the morning I found all 3 cats on the stairway not really sure of what they should do next. Luckily, Bowie is a super mellow cool dude, so he just did what he wanted and didn’t let my cats bother him.

the boys

Bert seemed to kind of like having another “guy” in the house to hang out with. I caught them doing stuff together several times and they never had a fight. Sophie did not seem to like Bowie at all and was actually, quite rude to him. Being the “Little Miss Priss” in the family, I was not surprised by her behavior. Heavens, she doesn’t even like me, so why would she like another cat?

GBGV Bowie in my window

Eventually, Bowie found my front window. I was hanging out, performing my usual neighborhood watch duties when he jumped up and joined me for a bit. We had a little dog to cat discussion about the rules of my window and what kind of critters and birdies I watch at the feeder.

nippers

Bowie’s favorite part about staying at my B&B was discovering catnip. Gramma has said that he had no interest in catnip. In fact, she gave Bert all Bowie’s catnip a while back because Bowie didn’t want it. For some reason, at our house he fell in love with it and could not get enough! He loved the wave scratching thing that Mom puts the catnip on too.  I did get a bit worried about his new habit as it seemed that he may have over indulged and passed out. After returning home, Gramma bought him his own wave and catnip. She has reported that he is now addicted to “nip”, and she often finds him passed out on or near his wave. Hope I am not to blame for his downfall!

bowie contemplating

Bowie was just staying with us for 3 ½ days but we all had a great time. I guess that for a cat he was not a bad guest and he could come and stay at my B&B again if he would like to. Thanks for coming to visit us cousin Bowie!

Monday-Mischief-Button-150x150-pxToday I’m joining in the Monday Mischief blog hop brought to you by Alfie’s BlogSnoopy’s Dog BlogMy Brown Newfies and Luna, A Dog’s Life

Comments

Emma Hi! This is Dakota’s kitty brother and I gotta tell you, you have one great B&B! Oh of course you had one cranky guest that didn’t like Bowie but all in all it appears to have gone without a hitch! Emma I love the photo of you and Bowie looking out the window together. I bet you gave Bowie some great tips! Thanks for being nice to kitties! Love, Cody

You cats are a bit different but usually I get along well with you and I treat cats like just another one of us dogs :)

Cats in the house are safe, cats I don’t know outside are fair game…that’s my rule ;)

Emma, I think it is great that you expanded your B&B to now take cats! It looks like Bowie had a very nice stay once he got settled in. Bowie is very handsome, and I enjoyed all the photos…..you are such a gracious hostess!

Yep, getting out of his carrier was the hard part but then he was totally cool with all of us!

I chase my own kitties sometimes. Mom doesn’t like that but I have to remind them that I am the boss around here!

Love that photo of the standoff on the stairs – everyone is trying to figure out who makes the first move. Luckily you are a great host and I’m sure you gave Bowie the friends and family discount rate during his stay.

The way he ate all the catnip, he should have paid extra! That’s okay, he is family…free lodgin ;)

Bowie is a beauty! We had a pale orange cat like him years ago. I’ve only seen one or two of the pale orange cats. Looks like he had a great time!

Oh, what a gorgeous visitor. Rita would not take too kindly to a kitty in the house. It’s nice that you welcomed him, Emma. What a good hostess you are. (Catnip is such a funny thing. I wish there was dognip.)

Me too. I tried catnip but did not see anything in it for me as a dog. Since I have always lived with cats, I guess it was not a real big deal.

Any time in my window is fun! He loved the birdies at the feeder when he wasn’t passed out cold from the “nip”!

Emma I am so impressed by how nice you were to Bowie and how welcome you made him feel…I love that he chose to spend time at your window post with you…You are the hostess with the mostest

You are such a good hostess, Emma. I’m sure Bowie will tell all his friends how welcoming you are and maybe they’ll all come stay at your B&B!

It’s a good job you were there to make sure everyone played nice! Your B&B looks lovely, I wish it wasn’t so far away so that I could come and stay!

I am going to make an appt to be in your B&B. A trip to MN in the fall might happen. We will keep you posted. Crossing my Golden PAWS that it will happen. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

10. snoopys@snoopysdogblog says

Hey Emma

What’s with the catnip thing?! I’ve seen lots of cats who are obsessed with it, is there a dog equivalent?

Was the staircase the cat hierachy table for the day?

Glad you all had fun,

Maybe I’ll book a visit too? :)

Your pal Snoopy :)

I think we need dog nip! Cats are crazy about that stuff, weird! Come on over, my B&B is a blast but I am pretty booked the rest of the summer ;)

I think he may be too far gone! Gramma says he is always asking for it and passed out next to his new wave thing. Poor cat!

He is a super mellow cat. For a cat to go from an only pet household to one with 2 cats and 2 dogs and get along is pretty good!