Full House | GBGV | Mischief Monday

As you know, my B&B has been rocking the past couple weeks. A few days after Cousin Bowie left, Buddy showed up for his usual Fourth of July visit. He came over on the Friday before the Fourth and left the Sunday after. We just planned for him as we always do, some games, some walks, nothing special, but that all changed.

gaming

The same day Buddy arrived our neighbors asked us to watch their dog for the weekend. Jetta is a small dog and she stays at her own house when we watch her, so that was no big deal. Some of you have asked about Buddy’s dating and how that is going. Well, the romance with the little dogs next door is over, out the door, gone! They don’t even look at each other anymore. I am not sure what happened but lots of cold air going on there. We thought he might be interested in Jetta, so mom would walk him and Jetta together. Katie and I stayed home in case love was about to blossom, but that was not the case. They did not like each other at all! You can see in the photo, they would not even sit together or look at each other. Sunday night Jetta’s family came back so it was just us and Buddy again for a couple days.

Buddy and Jetta

Buddy tries his best to get Mom to play toys with him, but she is not big on playing with toys. He loves to walk with us since he doesn’t get walked much at home. He was having a good time with us as he always does when we got the news that cousin Lena was coming to stay with us Wednesday to Sunday over the Fourth of July. Wow! I have never had two guests at once at my B&B.  This was going to be a total dog party weekend! One of the first things we did was to teach Mom to walk four dogs at once as we could not leave anyone at home, that would be considered rude!

Buddy with toys

We thought that maybe Buddy and Lena would make a love connection but that did not happen either. Lena likes bigger guys and Buddy likes smaller girls. Lena is good looking, don’t you think?  No love between them, but they had a lot of fun together.

lena

We spent a lot of time in the yard. Buddy and Lena are nuts for tennis ball and Frisbee games. Katie acted as referee, and I hung out in the shade and watched. It was really  hot and humid, which I don’t like at all.

racing in the yard

Because of the heat, we had to find indoor activities, so we decided to watch some great dog classic movies together like Marley and Me. Naturally, we had a few snacks too.

Watching Marley

Saturday we took a 2 hour early morning walk over to a lake. Lena and I took a little dip to cool our paws, then we all took a short break on the fishing pier.

4 at the lake

Mealtime was an orderly affair. Everyone had their own food and bowl. We four just lined up and chowed down!

chow time

That was the scoop on Buddy’s Fourth of July stay!

Monday-Mischief-Button-150x150-pxToday I’m joining in the Monday Mischief blog hop brought to you by Alfie’s BlogSnoopy’s Dog BlogMy Brown Newfies and Luna, A Dog’s Life

Comments

I seriously think you need to open your own business. The photos of all of the doggies sitting together and being outside together are just too cute. Dakota says he wants to visit your B&B :)

My neighbor dogs on the other side of the fence are always jealous. Mom is ok with everyone coming over but humans are odd and they don’t want their dogs to join in the fun, bummer. Dakota can come anytime :)

Now that is one busy group of furries. Glad to see they all are getting along. Maybe a career in dog walking but not matchmaking. Live that to the specialists. BOL

3. snoopys@snoopysdogblog says

Hey Emma

Walking 4 dogs together is impressive, but getting 4 dogs to look cool in a photo is super impressive!! Great job to your Mom!

I love your matchmaker attempts Emma, your B&B sure rocks! :)

Have fun,

Your pal Snoopy :)

I aim to please my fellow furry guests but I have to admit that love may not be in the cards for Buddy :(

Wow! Those are either all really great, really well trained dogs, or your mom is just plain amazing! I’m going to guess that it’s both. :)

We all have our moments but mom thinks that with four she acts more authoritative which keeps us in line. No idea why it works, it just does.

I feel like a romance failure…I may give that project up as I don’t know enough small dogs around here for Buddy to meet. That’s ok, we have plenty of fun without the romance :)

Emma I want to stay at your B&B…you are a pawsome hostess…You have the best games and treats and you’re so kind to try and make a love connection for Buddy…Buddy is too cute and Lena is beautiful…Ask Lena how she feels about a guy like me :)

I have a feeling you might be too small too. She is looking for a bigger dog, the kind my sister likes. My B&B is fun but now I am resting because it does wear me out and Buddy will be back again soon!

6. barkandchatter says

I’m sure you’ll have Buddy a new lady friend in no time! Who knew you were a great match maker as well as a great hostess, Emma!

Love the picture of you all lined up and eating. That is very cute. Sounds like you had a fun time with all of your guests and swimming involved too. You have a nice big yard to run around in. :)

Wow, you guys are all so well behaved! Love all the pics, but especially the one of you watching Marley & Me. (Hope your mom shut it off before the end though…. too sad!)

It was really sad, but we have seen it before so we knew how it ended. Lena had the hardest time with it since she is a lab herself.

What a fun time at your B&B, Emma. You plan such a good variety of activities for everyone. It looks like you were all so well behaved too. Your Mom does so great walking all four of you also, and taking pictures too!