Happy Birthday Mom | GBGV | Mischief Monday

Happy birthday to my mom today!!!  I can’t tell you how old she is because she says I can’t count that high. That doesn’t matter! I thought long and hard about what to get her this year and I came up with a super duper surprise!

GBGV heading to party

My mom loves ice cream, frozen yogurt, frozen custard, and chocolate. I had the absolutely brilliant idea to get her a Culvers Cookies & Cream Concrete Cake! I can’t share with her since it has chocolate but that is okay, I don’t share my birthday cake with her either. I now had the issue of how to get that cake to my house. It is was too hot outside for me to walk the six miles round trip. That cake would be so melted if I did that. I decided I better drive.

Humans are so fixated on that green paper stuff with numbers on it, aka, money. Before I left I helped myself to some green paper from Mom’s wallet and then I got my driver’s license and headed out in the car to Culvers. Since I was picking up a birthday cake, I decided to wear a party hat on my mission.

GBGV getting cash

Darn restaurants in the US don’t allow dogs, so I had to use the drive thru to get the cake. What is up with that “no dogs in restaurant policy” anyway? Some humans I have seen have more hair on their bodies than some of my dog friends and they are allowed in! Grrrr…

I pulled up to the menu/talking box, and the lady gave me a hard time about me being a dog and not having any money. Seriously, if I can drive myself to the place, don’t you think I would be smart enough to bring money? Heavens, I have even done modeling and made my own money!

GBGV ordering bubble

After barking at the woman in the talking box for a bit she finally accepted my order and told me to pull forward to the next window to pay. I paid, and then she told me that I would need to wait a few minutes for them to get the cake, so I should park and wait on the patio.

GBGV pulling forward

The woman delivered the cake to me on the patio a few minutes later and I could see just by looking at it that Mom would be so happy! What could be better than hanging out with Katie and I, and eating one of her favorite cakes?

GBGV got the cake

Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you and I hope your day is pawsome!

Monday-Mischief-Button-150x150-pxToday I’m joining in the Monday Mischief blog hop brought to you by Alfie’s BlogSnoopy’s Dog BlogMy Brown Newfies and Luna, A Dog’s Life

Comments

YOU ARE JUST THE MOST THOUGHTFUL DOGGY!!!!! I love how you drove to pick up the cake yourself! Your Mom is gonna love it! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your EQUALLY AMAZING MOMMY!! Hope you all have a great day! Barks and licks and love, Dakota and “Mom”

2. barkandchatter says

Happy Birthday to you Mom!! You are so smart, Emma! I can’t drive at all – when I’m in the car i usually spend my time napping or making a mess on the windows.
    Finn :)

Oh MY! Emma. Very Sweet of you. Happy Happy Birthday to your mom. ENJOY! your Delish Tasty day with mom. BTW: my mom loves ice cream too. Have not seen a Culvers in our area. Have FUN Day with your mom. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

We all woke her up extra early and already took her for a long fun walk…burn calories so she can eat that cake 😉 I will snuggle with her lots too. Thanks Sugar!

4. Ellen Shedlarx says

Emma, you are the best! I hope your mom had a happy birthday and enjoyed her cake. I sure it was the most thoughtful gift she ever received. You are lucky to have one another.

She is really happy about the cake, she just loves it, but not quite as much as she loves me :)

Happy birthday to your Mom! How sweet of you to get her a cake! I hope she enjoys the cake and her day! I just love your shades and hat :)

Happy happy happy happy birthday to your Momma!!! Woohooo! I am sure she is gonna love that cake!! Enjoy that day today, and I love your hat too!

Emma, tell your awesome mom Happy Birthday for us! You are such a sweet girl for getting her a very yummy sounding cake! And I gotta say, you take a better driving license photo than my mom does!

PS. Great point about the no dogs in restaurants rules. It is offensive!

Happy Birthday to your mom. You are very special and thoughtful pup. Not all pups would think of doing such a nice thing.

Hugs and Licks, BJ Pup

Happy birthday, Emma’s mom! And Emma, how on earth did you keep from eating the cake?! I know you’re not supposed to have chocolate, but that wouldn’t have stopped my dogs from gobbling it up on the way home!

Big birthday hugs to mom!

It did not smell all that good to a dog like me…and I don’t let Mom eat my cake on my birthday, so fair is fair.

Boy, I wish my dog would steal money from me and steal my car keys and go get me a cake on my birthday! What a thought girl you are, Emma! Happy birthday, Mom!

Oh Emma, not only are you brilliant, but you’re thoughtful too! I’m super jealous of your Mom’s birthday cake, but she definitely deserves it!
    Happy Birthday, Emma & Katie & Bert & Sopie’s Mom!!!! :)

Emma you are such a good girl remembering your mom’s birthday! I’m pretty impressed with your driving skills as well. 😉

Happy birthday, Emma’s mom! Hope you had a fabulous day!

She is having a great day. We have had some misbehaving issues but in general, things are going well and she is having fun.

13. cascadiannomads says

Happy Birthday to your mom, Emma! Wilhelm & Brychwyn are surprised that you can do all that driving with your short legs- they have to work together with steering and pedal pushing! :)

Sometimes my talents are almost “magical” but Mom says, where there is a will there is a way 😉

14. Sherrell fick says

Emma , good job on the cake. I am sure your mom loved it! You are ever so thoughtful.
    Be good for your mom on her day and don’t get into any mischief .
    Happy birthday Mom !!!

We are trying our best to be good. We started the day with all of us dogs and cat waking her up at 5:30 so we could take her for a nice early walk…always thinking of Mom first!

Happy Birthday to your mom, Emma!!! I hope you can enjoy many more birthdays with her (and maybe some day get your paws on one of her cakes!)!
    *Cairn cuddles*

I’m sure we will be together for a long time :) So far we are having a great day, thank you!

The story, the pictures…love it! The cake also sounds amazing…hope mom thoroughly enjoyed it and had a great birthday!

Happy Happy Birthday to your mom Emma…and aren’t you the best girl for getting her that fabulous cake…Momz is sad now cause the nearest Culvers is in South Carolina and she’s drooling for one of those Brownie Overload Cakes

Mom always misses Culvers when she is in Florida because it would be so good with the hot weather. Thanks for the birthday wishes too :)

Well here in Hawaii it’s still your momma’s birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    Culver’s is one of our most favorite custard places in the WHOLE world. Don’t have any here, but we do have shave ice!! It was very thoughtful of you to plan that special birthday surprise.

Culvers seems to just be in a limited amount of areas, but my mom does love it. Thanks for the Hawaiian birthday wishes!

Happy birthday to your mum! That cake sounds amazing, do you think a small piece would fit in the post for your friends across the ocean? BOL

Wow! What a birthday surprise! I’m not letting my dogs read this because I don’t want them getting any ideas about driving. Jeffie does have a drivers license, but I’m pretty sure there’d be a big fight about whose driving, where to sit, how to get where they’re going….

I pretty much just drive and go alone. Katie does not want to ride with me, says I am nuts and it would be dangerous 😉

Oh Emma, how thoughtful and sweet to get your Mom that cake, and to even how to figure out how to get it by yourself so you could surprise her! I bet she enjoyed it , and I hope she had a wonderful birthday. Spending it with her two girls and that yummy cake, I can’t see how she wouldn’t have! :)

I’m a bit late here! I hope your mom had a lovely birthday. It was very sweet of you to go and get a cake that you can’t eat!

Mom says thank you :) She had made us some doggy blueberry ice cream snacks, so we did not suffer at all!

23. snoopys@snoopysdogblog says

Oh Emma,

You’re such a smart and thoughtful doggie, your Mom sure is lucky! I hope she loved her cake, she must have been really surprised!

Big wags to all of you,