Party with Confetti Balls | GBGV | Tasty Tuesday

It’s New Years Eve! Tomorrow will already be 2014! Since it is Bailie’s first New Years, my sisters and I are planning to party til the dogs come home! You know we like to have fun, and tonight is no exception! We have Bowser Beer and Confetti Balls to get the party started! We recommend starting the new year off with some loud howling too!

My GBGV Life New Years 2013I’m sure you all are wondering how to make the confetti balls. If it is still early enough in the day, you certainly have time to make a batch. They are real easy and fast, no bake, just refrigerate. They have everything dogs love, coconut, peanut butter, honey, oatmeal, and banana.

My GBGV Life Confetti BallsI got all my ingredients together as usual and then used Mom’s handy dandy Tupperware thingy to mash up the banana. My assistant was complaining because she couldn’t see over the milk box…it’s always something with an assistant!

My GBGV Life Confetti BallsNext you need to check the consistency of the dough as it needs to form a nice ball. A little tasting is always a good thing too, I mean if your tongue happens to land on the dough. Bailie just rolls her eyes, no respect!

My GBGV Life Confetti BallsThe tricky thing with these balls is rolling them into a ball and covering them with coconut without getting all that dough stuck to your paw pads and nose. I had mom put some no stick on my paws and nose to keep that from happening. I roll them with my front paws and then push them through the coconut with my nose…occasionally nibbling on a bit of coconut. We colored our coconut to be festive, but you can just use it plain as well. I know, many readers don’t think food coloring is good for dogs, but I’ll tell you a secret…don’t tell anyone…my mom sometimes eats a whole bag of potato chips in one sitting and that is not healthy either. We figure a splurge here and there is perfectly fine as long as you don’t have an allergy or something.

My GBGV Life Confetti BallsOnce they are all coated and on a no stick surface in a pan, just put them in the refrigerator to set for 2-3 hours. I like to keep them next to our Bowser Beer so all my stuff is together on one shelf.

My GBGV Life Confetti BallsThere you have it, Confetti Balls for your doggy New Years Eve party! It couldn’t be easier or tastier! Click here to download your own copy of the recipe in PDF format, as usual with a photo of me at work in my kitchen.

Now, crack open a Bowser Beer and get to the good part – the party! Happy New Year! See you in 2014!

tasty-tuesdayToday I’m taking this recipe and joining the Tasty Tuesday Blog Hop fun sponsored by Kol’s Notes & Sugar the Golden Retriever

Comments

1. Ellen Shedlarz says

Katie and I wish all of you a very sweet, happy and healthy New Year, we can’t wait to follow all of your adventures in 2014. Happy, happy New a Year to one and all!

Hmmm…we don’t get to use the fine china, so I don’t know either. I haven’t seen a bull either, just cows.

We will have a good party for sure…us girls know how to have fun! You have a great new years too and see you next year!

2. Maggie the PBGV says

OMG!! How do you get your mom to snap the picture at the perfect time! Now that there are 2 of you in the kitchen you must have to work really hard to get her to do the picture thing at the right moment! I woke up long enough to read and write this…I am so totally exhausted ’cause I did not sleep well at the kennel. The mom has been feeding me lots of turkey. Yawn! XOXO Maggie the PBGV PS Yappy New Year!

I pose really well as I like it, and Bailie learns so much from Katie and I. She almost poses and holds it better than me. She likes to wear hats too :) GEt some rest and Happy New Year! Maybe you need some Bowser Beer to bulk you up?

Even the inside of your refrigerator is clean?! You are never allowed at my messy house. But I will send you treats when I can. To make up for it. You know.

I always enjoy licking out the refrig ;) Mom says our house is a mess since Bailie moved in…looks like a toy explosion but most people think it is very orderly. Happy New Year!

Happy New Year gang! Yummy confetti balls look amazing to Bentley. He is a huge fan of bananas. Where in the world did you find doggie brew? That’s so funny. Watch Emma tonight during the BlogPaws chat, we can’t have her Bowser beer tweeting! Hahaha! : )

They sell it at a few places in town. There are two flavors…Cockadoodle brew and Beefy Brown Ale. We love it…it is hard to stop at just one! Happy New Year! Don’t know if we will be able to chat on twitter or not, we will see.

We eat fairly healthy, but if we splurge then we just work out a bit more…calories in, calories out ;) Happy New Year!

We’ve never had coconut before and we love it. They are festive, and some of the coconut falls off when we eat them, so we are giving the floor a good wash as well! Happy 2014!

Those look amazing Emma, and you know it fits my criteria of being something humans can eat too. :-D I would swap the powdered milk for cocoa to humanize, I bet those would be yummo!!

Mom never thinks about how they would taste for humans, but you are probably onto something there. Mom makes her stuff and I bake mine ;)

Boy! Those do look and sound mighty yummy! And after seeing your morning after photo I think maybe y’all enjoyed them quite well! I’m going to have to get my Mom Person to try some of these! Thanks Emma.