Yay! Our good pal Buddy is back with us for his summer vacation at “Emma’s Doggie Hotel & Resort”! He got here yesterday and one of the first things he did was to get out his trunks and hop in my swimming pool. I don’t think he has a pool at home so he likes that about my place especially on a day with high humidity and 102°! Buddy is mostly my friend, he is a bit scared of Katie and Katie doesn’t really seem interested in him so I call him my pal.
I have lots of activities planned for us during his
stay. By the time his family picks him up he will be exhausted!
One of the first things I did after he finally got out of my pool was to make us some pupsicles. These are going to be sooo yummy! I let him sit on the bar stool and watch but I have to share that I did not share the mixing bowl with him. I know I am bad but it was just too tasty and I was the one that did all the work. Besides he told me that cooking was girls work so with that attitude he did not deserve any batter! They are
peanut butter, yogurt, banana and honey flavor with Milkbone handles. Yummy in the doggie tummy! I got the recipe from some friends on Facebook, click here for the recipe in a downloadable PDF. I made 15 of them so we can each have 5 because that is most fair. Mom says we can only have one a day, though, so that is a major bummer!
We also are going to have issues with the cots – the second one arrived but now we are three dogs and poor Katie just refuses to defend her cot. I may have to let Buddy sit on mine with me to be fair to Katie, we will see. Stay tuned for “Cot Wars – Summer 2012”.
Here is a run down of the other activities I have planned for the next week while Buddy is here:
- Lots of walks – Buddy loves to go on walks with us and he thinks I am cool so he likes to do whatever I do while walking
- Pool parties – Buddy loves my pool like I do so we can both do some good swimming
- Bones & chews – Katie will join in on this one when we enjoy some tasty rawhides, bully sticks or pigs ears in the evening
- Pester Bert – Bert and Buddy are both boys and about the same size so we like to gang up on him sometimes
- Squirrel watching – I am going to show Buddy how I watch for my squirrel to come by my front window and how fun he is to watch (I have space for him in my window to sit too)
- Yard work – we are all going to help mom out with mowing and watering the plants, we like to help out as much as we can
- Chase & tackle – when it cools down a bit Buddy and I like to chase each other and tackle each other, it is really fun
- Girls – this is for Buddy alone, he wants to visit the little girl dogs next door and maybe even get to play with them in their yard, he is love sick when he sees them
So, we have a lot to accomplish and I hope to blog about our week again in a few days and hopefully post photos in my blog, on twitter and on facebook, so stay tuned for all the fun!
Join the Saturday Blog Hop sponsored by Life With Dogs, Confessions of the Plume and Two Little Cavaliers.