Today I am sharing some exciting news with my readers! Four weeks from today on September 19th, I will be officially releasing my book Tales of a French Scent Hound. Mom and I can hardly wait! We sure hope you all love it as much as we do!
I was hanging out on my deck cot yesterday when Mom brought me my mail. Yes, in the box was the review copy of my very own book. I was a bit scared to take a look – you never know if it will be great, or a disaster. I slowly stuck my paw, and eventually my head, in the box, and I have to tell you – at first glance it looks pawsome!
Many of my readers have mentioned that they are really looking forward to my book so I thought I should have a little trivia contest each week until my book is released. You know at dog parties we always like to play guess how many squirrels are in the tree, or how many wabbits are in the hole. Well, this week I am asking you to guess how many pages total are in my book. I am talking about the count Amazon displays (including title page, forward, backward, etc.), not the actual numbered pages. The person/animal that guesses correctly, or closest to the correct number, will win a copy of my book. I will send out your “winner’s copy” once the book is released. Sound like fun? Who wants to play?
Each Thursday until my book is released I will offer some fun facts about the book, and I will have a contest with one lucky winner. If more than one person/animal guesses correctly, I will put the names in my food bowl and choose one.
Rules and Eligibility:
- Only one guess per week per person/animal.
- A person/animal may only win one book over the course of the next four weeks, everyone should have a fair chance.
- The contest is open to any person/animal living on the planet earth – I know I have fans all over the world and I will ship to anywhere, but if you are outside of the USA, shipping may take a bit longer.
- Anyone who has worked with me on my book is ineligible as you may have insider information creating an unfair advantage for yourself, and I have something special planned for my helpers anyway.
- All entries for the contest this week must be received by Saturday, August 24th at midnight central time.
- Winner will be announced in my Monday blog post on August 26th.
- Winner will have 24 hours to email me with their shipping information or I will move on to the second place finisher. My email address can be found in the “Meet Emma” section of my website.
Here is one hint to get everyone started: The page count is between 1 and 1000!
I think this will be fun! Good luck, may the best guesser win!