I finally decided to join this blog hop (see bottom of post for more info). My policy is only animal photos on my blog and it is my blog written by me, Emma, but to humor other bloggers I’m making a photo exception, and I will also write about my mom. For those of you that don’t know yet, Mom’s name is Joy and she was not born during the Christmas season! If you attend BlogPaws in May and have forgotten what she looks like, no worries, I will be bringing a flat Mom with me, no wait, that is what she did to me last year…grrr… I will actually bring Mom along with me and I will dress her up so you know she is with me. I know everyone will recognize me. As you can see in the photo, I have claimed Mom as my own.
This is super embarrassing, but did you know Mom was originally a cat crazy kind of gal. As a kid, cats were her thing, she didn’t even like dogs if you can imagine that, BUT as she became a teenager she started to like dogs and see how fun we are. This is where she became a dog person and is now a seriously crazy dog lady!
As long as I’m blowing my policy on this post, I may as well post another one of Mom and I in the pool on our vacation in November. You can tell I feel safe since she is by my side 🙂 One thing about her is that everything needs to match, us pets all have to match colorwise, and you can see her swimsuit straps even match the raft…sheesh!
- What is Mom’s favorite non-animal related book? She isn’t a big reader of books, so really there isn’t one.
- What is Mom’s favorite non-animal related movie? She isn’t a big movie buff either, more of a TV watcher, but it is more for background noise as she can never sit still.
- What is Mom’s favorite non-animal related food? Not sure I get what is meant here, but she is a nut for red licorice.
- What is one thing she has to do every day? She has to run or walk every morning (in any kind of weather) or she will be in a bad mood all day.
- What would she like to be more skilled at? Mom wanted to be a programmer, but she didn’t figure this out until way after college and didn’t want to go back to school, so she tries her best to figure out some html stuff but she would love to be better at it.
- What is her favorite holiday? Thanksgiving is paws down the holiday favorite. Turkey and stuffing is all she needs, maybe some family too.
- What is her favorite meal? Chicken schnitzel with peppercorn gravy and bratkartoffeln.
- What does she like to do in her free time? Mom loves to be outside walking or hiking, if possible with us dogs.
- What one word would people use to describe my mom? She would say boring, but we think others would say thoughtful.
- How are we pets most like Mom? We love the outdoors and lots of cuddling, but GBGV and Kuvasz are real free spirit, independent breeds and Mom is the same breed of human. Rules were made to be broken is our motto. Mom could care less if we heel on a walk, as long as we have fun and we do – especially when we cross a busy road on a red light or blow past a trail closed sign…a pack of rebels led by Mom!
- If her pets could talk (which we can) what one word would we use to describe Mom? Snuggler would be the word for sure.
- Other than blogging what are three things that brings your mom joy? Well her name is Joy, but that doesn’t count. I would say she loves to cook and bake, take photos, and hanging out with us pets.
- What drives her nuts about us pets? Cat bro Bert is out of hand, a real trouble maker and she is tired of us dogs barking at the window all the time for what she feels is no good reason.
- What melts her heart? We GBGV dogs are huggers. Sometimes we just walk up to her, she bends down and we put our paws around her neck, nuzzle our snout in behind her ear and just snuggle for a minute or two. It always makes her day!
- If Mom didn’t have us, what pets would she have? Most likely a couple other rescued cats and another set of GBGV’s. She loves the Kuvasz breed but just has had enough of the never ending fur.
I think that is more than enough about Mom since the blog is really all about me and occasionally my siblings. I don’t know when I will be able to nail Mom down again for an interview, so hope you enjoyed finding out a bit about her.
It’s time for the Advent Calendar for Dog Lovers hosted by Kol’s Notes, Heart Like a Dog, My Brown Newfies, My GBGV Life & Bringing Up Bella! 24 giveaways in 24 days, plus a grand prize worth more than $800 – who wants to win? Today’s giveaway is sponsored by Happy Dog Boxes. You could win a 1 month subscription box filled with toys, treats & fun for your dog. Click here to check out the Advent Calendar and enter today’s giveaway!
As I mentioned above, this is a blog hop started by I Still Want More Puppies and Go Pet Friendly, co-hosted by Kol’s Notes, Bringing up Bella, Heart Like A Dog, My Brown Newfies, NEPA Pets, No Dog About It, The Daily Dog Blog, Life With Desmond, Cindy Lu’s Muse, Rescued Insanity, and Peggy’s Pet Place .