I’m back with my third installment of the “Healthier Pets. Happier Lives.” campaign by Hills Science Diet. While visiting your veterinarian regularly, and eating a healthy diet are very important parts of a healthy, happy life, there are also five little extras that can make a big difference! One of the best way to have happy pets is to shower them with love, which should be a given so it did not make my list below. Do your best to provide the following five little extras to keep your dog healthy and happy!
1. Treats – every pet parent enjoys giving out dog treats. Make sure you are providing healthy treats in moderation along with proper exercise. Have your dog work for a treat, it is a great way to work on obedience or tricks and it reinforces good behavior. Hills Science Diet provides many different varieties of healthy dog treats to choose from. Take your dog along with you when shopping for treats if you want a really happy dog!
2. Toys – most dogs love toys. There are a wide variety of toys on the market from puzzle toys to stimulate a dog mentally, to tennis balls for fetch, ropes for tug games, and more. Dogs need mental and physical workouts so make sure you supply both types of toys and always supervise their play. Rotating toys is also a good idea so we don’t get bored with the same old toys all the time. Don’t just give your dog a toy, play with them to build that dog/pet parent bond. Happy dogs love fun with their pet parent.
3. Playtime – so very important for happy dogs! If your dog likes other dogs, let them get out and romp together. A pet parent can play with a dog, but nothing beats the fun, fulfillment, and exercise dogs get playing with each other, and it totally wears us out!
4. Exercise – healthy pets and people need exercise. Always consult your veterinarian before starting an exercise regimen. Walking, running, doing nose work, tracking, agility, or other sports with your dog are a great way to stay fit and increase the bond you have with your dog!
5. Grooming – keeping your dog well groomed is so important to overall health and happiness. Grooming is more thanan occasional trip to the groomer. A dog needs regular brushing, nail trims, ear cleaning, teeth brushing, and a bath. Grooming can also include dressing your pup up in a fancy collar, or some dogs may need a nice coat in cooler weather. A dog that looks good feels good and is a happier dog!
To celebrate these little extras, Hill’s Science Diet is giving away bundles of goodies every pet parent can enjoy sharing with their dog or cat. I’m excited because I get to giveaway one cat and one dog bundle, so there are two winners total, Good luck! The bundles are as follows:
The dog bundle: a stainless steel dog bowl, a bag of Hill’s Science Diet Dental Chews, a bag of Hill’s Science Diet dog treats and a Healthier Pets, Happier Lives tote bag.
The cat bundle: a laser pointer toy, a stainless steel cat bowl, eight micro cans of Hill’s Science Diet Grain Free entrees, and a Healthier Pets, Happier Lives tote bag.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Hill’s. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Hill’s® Science Diet® Healthier Pets. Happier Lives.™, but My GBGV Life only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. is not responsible for the content of this article.
Love and the five little extras are part of a healthy, fit dog. I’m co hosting the FitDog Friday Blog Hop with SlimDoggy, and To Dog With Love! Please join us on Fridays to share your fitness stories with others, find new ways to have fun, and new fitness ideas too! Tell your friends to stop by as well – fit dogs are healthier, happier dogs!