It is that time of year where being elves is hard work! Bailie and I are the elves around our house and we got our first assignment the other day. Mom asked us to get the planters for the front porch put together. Of course, Bailie and I complied with the request and went to the garage to get started on the project.
Ta Dah!!! Here we are with our finished planters on the front porch, even a dusting of snow to make things look more festive! I think we did a darn good job! These things even smell nice, like Christmas I would say!
We got our first Christmas gift from the Mom unit last weekend. She found these adorable bone stockings on Pinterest and just had to order them for “her girls”. She got one for each of us in our “signature” color. They come from Christmas Claud on Etsy, and if you are a kitty, they make them in fish shape too, but Mom only got the dog ones (I think because cat bro Bert has been especially rotten this year). We have them hanging up above the fireplace all ready for Santa. Thanks, Mom!
Today I also graciously accept the Liebster Award from Heart Like A Dog! Thank you! I need to answer ten questions Jodi asked, so here it goes (sometimes I feel like these were meant for a human, but I will try my best to answer them):
- How long have you been blogging? three years
- Have your reasons for blogging changed since you first started blogging? yes, at first it was all fun, no real plan other than to try to promote the GBGV breed, but it has evolved into a real job really, promoting fun, health, fitness, and of course, the GBGV. I love fun photos and stories and bringing smiles and laughter to my readers.
- Is your blog for fun or are you looking for something more? If the latter what? I wish it was a full time paying job, but it is a full time hobby with benefits. I do it mainly because I love it and that is the most important thing. If I don’t enjoy it, I would quit.
- How do you judge how well your blogging is going? Sometimes the stats, but readers comments are important to me. I love to hear what readers think about what I’m posting. Sometimes I get emails or messages from readers about how I’ve helped them and that really warms my furry heart
- What do you like to do when you aren’t blogging? I do a lot of napping, walking, chasing squirrels and wabbits, my neighborhood watch program, stuff like that.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I’m pretty happy where I am. I did like Germany because dogs can go so many places, but Mom didn’t like living there too much.
- If you could talk to any one person, living or dead, who would it be? I would like to see my dog mom again and see what she is up to and tell her about my amazing life so far.
- What is your favorite meal? I love my Merrick food, but Jones Wabbit Jerky is probably my favorite snack.
- How do you define success in your life? By how much attention I get and how many wabbits I catch.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? I got my CGC title last summer without even practicing or taking the class, and I’m real proud of my nose work, can’t wait to get the change again to get my title.