It’s almost Easter, so we decided to do some Easter nose work searches for some variety in our homework! Bailie did the searches too, but I am the only one in the video. If Mom showed us both it would be way too long.I had a tough time with the Easter egg search. I kept wanting to search things I normally search and not the eggs on the floor. The eggs in nose work would be considered containers, so it was a good exercise for me. Mom put the hides in certain colored eggs, the light pink and light green ones, so she could find them easily. Bailie got it right away, but she has her nose down more from tracking. The baskets were much more up my alley.
Note in the basket search, on the second hide:
- Mom asked me to keep searching as I was not specific enough the first time I tried to alert her.
- I mauled the pig looking for bacon.
- I went back and alerted at the first hide a second time. A hide only pays once, so Mom tells me “got it, find more”. I don’t want to learn to waste precious time going back to old hides.
- The last hide I had my nose on but didn’t smell the first time. Sometimes it helps to come back at a hide from a different direction. You can see how my head flicks as soon as I caught the odor.
Now for the video.
This is the 2 year anniversary of the FitDog Friday Blog Hop! To celebrate, for Love of a Dog, PetSafe, SmartCookee Treats, Jones Natural Chews, SlimDoggy, Petnet have generously offered to provide us with prizes for a prize package totaling over $500!
- Beautiful earrings courtesy of For Love of a Dog: Three dimensional porcelain tennis balls and glass dog bone earrings are the perfect accessory for the dog lover who’s pup enjoys flyball or a good game of fetch with a tennis ball!
- Pagoda Pet Fountain in Himalayan Blue from PetSafe: Encourage your pet to stay hydrated with this stylish, easy to clean fountain. Pets tend to drink more when the water is moving!
- One package SmartCookee Treats, Your choice of three flavors. Taste bud delight!
- Jones Cutie Q Steer Sticks: Great for all size dogs – 100% grown and made in the USA. And as always, they contain no artificial ingredients. I love Jones products and always have some here at home!
- The Treat Pouch Sport from PetSafe is the perfect accessory for training, hikes or taking a walk around the neighborhood! It is great to hold things you need to bring along on a walk like keys, treats, poop bags, etc!
- SlimDoggy hat and bandana: Be fashionable when you are out and about with a SlimDoggy hat and bandana!
- Petnet Smart feeder: Feed your pets automatically with this smart feeder that takes the guesswork out of feeding your pet the correct amount.
- Busy Buddy interactive toys from PetSafe and we’ve got THREE of them for you in this giveaway. The Busy Buddy Waggle, has a flexible middle that waggles back and forth during play and the balls on either end randomly dispense treats for even more fun. The Busy Buddy Tug-a-Jug rewards and challenges your dog at the same time with its treat-dispensing container and rope for tugging. The Busy Buddy Jack is a durable toy that holds treat rings for longer lasting play. Toys like these can even help keep my little sis Bailie out of trouble!
How can you enter to win this pawsome package? Simply fill out the giveaway widget below! Giveaway ends April 14th at midnight!
I’m co hosting the FitDog Friday Blog Hop with SlimDoggy, and To Dog With Love! Please join us on Fridays to share your fitness stories with others, find new ways to have fun, and new fitness ideas too! Tell your friends to stop by as well – fit dogs are healthier, happier dogs!