I’m pretty excited because in just seven weeks I will be on my way to BlogPaws in Nashville! I’ve already started packing my bags and getting my things organized so I will be ready when it is time to leave! I am often asked why anyone or any dog should attend BlogPaws, so today, I’m listing my top 10 reasons.
1. Meet me in the fur! I will be attending for my second year now, and it is a great chance to meet up with me and see a real, live GBGV in the fur! Remember, my blog is a Nose to Nose Award finalist for Best Dog Blog. You can see me on the red carpet and then see if I actually win Best Dog Blog! I’m working on my acceptance speech, just in case, and I promise to wear a fancy hat on stage if I win!
2. Travel experiences with your pup! We love to travel. Mom and I are world travelers. Bailie has quite a few states under her collar already. How fun it is to travel to new destinations, smell new smells, see new sites, and experience new places – bonding time for you and your pup. Last year Bailie and I got our fill of red rock in Utah. We’ve seen enough, but it sure was something new and interesting!
3. Flat pets just don’t cut the bully sticks! Mom’s first BlogPaws she had the audacity to leave me at home and take a flat Emma. It is my blog and she went without me! Mom said she missed me the entire time she was gone, and while a flat pet is better than no pet, there is no replacement for the real pet. Even in the photo, Emma in the fur looks so much better than flat Emma, don’t you think? I realize some pets don’t want to go or just can’t go but if your pup wants to go, why not?
4. Great hotels with super comfy beds! Don’t be afraid to spoil yourself by relaxing your paws in super comfy hotel beds in real fancy rooms. Of course, you need to behave like a civilized dog to stay in these nice rooms, but believe me, you will feel right at home!
5. Meet up with friends for an early morning workout! Getting up early and heading out for a nice morning workout walk with my friends, Dolly, Rocco, and Sugar was one of my favorite parts of BlogPaws in Vegas. Our moms enjoyed meeting up too. Dogs who sniff together stay together…I think it is how the saying goes.
6. Let your PR Dog work the conference! Last summer I designated little Bailie as the official PR Dog for My GBGV Life. She is a real dog’s dog, and people dog. Bailie is not shy about hobnobbing with the big cheese folks any time, any place. Last year, she couldn’t keep her paws off Tom Collins! She can easily help draw attention to my blog.
7. Keep your blogging knowledge up to date! Blogging and social media are constantly changing fields. BlogPaws offers so many great educational sessions to help you keep up with what is new, improve what you are already doing, and gets your inspiration going for new ideas. The only problem I have is deciding which classes to attend as there are so many good ones!
8. Meet the brands! This is one of my favorite parts because they offer free products too. What dog doesn’t want to go home with like 100 lbs of healthy dog treats, foods, and toys? I love shopping the booths, barking with the reps about companies which are new to me, and it is always fun to meet up with brands I already work with! Everyone is so friendly, and helpful.
10. A real mental workout! Trust me! At the end of each day, you will be mentally worn out from all the information your brain has taken in! Those beds I mentioned early will be well needed, and sometimes, you may simply be too tired to even make it into bed and will find yourself passed out on the floor. Even Mom is exhausted by the end of the conference. She doesn’t want it to end, but she needs time to process it all and recover.
I’m joining the BlogPaws 2015 pre-conference linky party! You should visit other blog posts in this linky list to network, connect, and learn more about the BlogPaws experience. Stop back often and make this a pit stop in your BlogPaws Conference preparation.