Happy Thankful Thanksgiving to everyone! I’m sure thankful to have this big bird to cook and then eat. I remember way back when, before I became an accomplished chef, Mom would make the bird, but now it is up to me.
I’m especially thankful for the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line®. I was so excited about cooking and eating this giant bird, I forgot to defrost it. Hopefully with a quick phone call, I will figure out how to rectify my mistake!
Madison is trying to help get the table ready. I don’t think she knows how long it takes to make a turkey. It will be a while.
Oh my, I think the little one has lost her mind and her patience! A dog has never jumped onto a table at our house! Now the question is, should I discipline her or let it go because it is Thanksgiving? This whole jumping thing started because Bailie taught her to jump on furniture. Younger siblings! They make a hound just want to howl!
Finally, I got the bird done, and my sisters are ready to eat, sitting quietly, and politely while they wait to be served. They should be thankful to have me as their sister, but I’m not sure if they are or not.
In case you need some fun trivia to keep the guests amused while you finish cooking that perfect Thanksgiving meal, here are a few fun facts:
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- A sneeze zooms out of your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.
- There’s no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones Chewables Vitamins.
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- The average person’s left hand does 56% of the typing.
- The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
- The sentence: “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” uses every letter of the alphabet.
We are all thankful for our family and friends both in the fur and online! The Blogville Community we are also involved in is a wonderful place! Most of our friends there we have never met, but they there for us through thick and thin, and for that we are thankful.
PS: I told Mom about what Madison did, jumping on the table I mean. She said that is alright. The girl has drive and will be a better nose work dog if she goes after what she wants. I think my mom is nuts!