#MeatlessMonday? Are you kidding me? This was my initial response. There is no way I could imagine my life without meat, I thought, but then I found a way!
I’ll be honest with you, a bowl of veggies is not something that interests me. It is pretty, but I’m no wabbit! At our house, we are true carnivores, even my mom. It is safe to say, none of us will ever be 100% vegan, but how about one day a week? #MeatlessMonday might be something we could manage.
My GBGV Life received the Halo® Garden of Vegan® products in this post to assist in the promotion of the #HaloVegPledge Movement. My GBGV Life receives no additional benefits for barking about Halo products or the company. The opinions in this review are the honest opinion of My GBGV Life. Halo is not responsible for the contents of this post.
You know we are huge Halo fans at our house. Every Halo product we have tried, we have loved, even the Garden of Vegan line. Mom never would have thought we would touch anything vegan. Because the vegan food is so tasty, we wouldn’t mind giving up meat just one day a week, Mondays, of course. Halo is offering the “Halo Veg Pledge” movement to get dogs started.
The Point Of Meatless Monday
I’m sure you are wondering, “What is the point of giving up meat on Mondays?” Well, I will tell you.
- Even dogs have a carbon pawprint! Did you know, plant-based proteins generate less greenhouse gas than meat-based ones.
- Reduce your dog’s carbon pawprint by eating vegan just one day a week. If dogs would give up meat one day a week it would be the same as taking almost 1 million cars off the road for a year! That is pretty incredible!
- A vegan diet benefits your dog by providing increased energy, hydrated skin and a healthier looking furs.
How is Halo helping with your dog having a proper diet on #MeatlessMonday?
- Of course, the Garden of Vegan recipe is tasty! I’m picky, and love it, so does our family food snob, Madison!
- All of your dog’s dietary needs are met with the Garden of Vegan Recipe.
- No need to worry about treats, Halo has you covered with their vegan recipe treats, which we all find yummy.
- Monday is only one day a week.
The Halo Veg Pledge
I know I can survive forever on a vegan diet, because I tried it for a few weeks. Just one day is a piece of cake! The Halo Garden of Vegan line is just a wholesome and tasty as their regular foods. My sisters and I all dig right in, and enjoy ore vegan food.
Don’t be afraid to take the #HaloVegPledge. I did it myself, and have no regrets. My sisters will be taking it too. When you sign up, you will also get a link to download some coupons to get you started purchasing your first vegan foods. What do you think? Will your dog take the pledge?