I have been on the prowl for natural joint support. A few months before my twelfth birthday, Mom noticed I was sleeping a lot, and I wasn’t very interested in going for walks. Even walks I love, that are about an hour long, were no longer something I wanted to do. Mom would need to keep prodding me along or I would turn around, and try to go home. This was extremely sad for both of us, but we didn’t know how to get me back on the road again.
My GBGV Life received the Herbsmith® Sound Dog Viscosity® products in this post to review. My GBGV Life receives no additional benefits for barking about Herbsmith products or the company. The opinions in this review are the honest opinion of My GBGV Life. Herbsmith is not responsible for the contents of this post.
We were not only concerned about my joint health, but Madison too because of her agility sports. Herbsmith contacted us about trying some of their products. After some discussion, we settled on the Sound Dog Viscosity. Madison is a pretty small girl, so Herbsmith sent her the small chews. With our favorite food snob, we never know if she will eat something or not.
Of course, Madison couldn’t wait to dive in, but she then spit the chew back out in like a million pieces. The good news is, I can eat her chews, so they are not wasted. Grinding them up, or trying powder is not an option with Madison, as she will simply not eat her meal if something “odd” is sprinkled in with it. Believe me, we tried. For Madison, we will have to find another option.
I was ready and willing to try the Sound Dog Viscosity large chews. Picky eating is also in my genes, but I’m nothing like Madison! I’ve got my own big package with 120 large chews, and I take two a day. I’ll need to take several of the small chewables, but I like them, so it isn’t a problem.
Why use Sound Dog Viscosity?
- It is a daily joint supplement.
- Works well for senior and aging dogs.
- Great for active and working dogs.
- It will help maintain the thickness of the joint fluid.
- Natural inflammatory responses are boosted.
What is in the Sound Dog Viscosity product?
- Glucosamine – helps to maintain thick and viscous joint fluid which is always trying to thin out.
- Chondroitin – an element of connective tissue found in cartilage and bones to help strengthen them.
- MSM – boosts the natural process of forming connective tissue and helps to speed up healing and recovery by rebuilding new muscle and connective tissue. It can also assist in decreasing inflammation around joints.
- Hyaluronic Acid – is also found naturally in the body, and contributes to proper joint lubrication as it is a foundational component of synovial fluid and cartilage.
- Herbs – boswellia, corydalis, curcumin, and yucca, all of which have powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
I take one chew with each of my meals, but I also take them as a treat if Mom forgets to drop one in my food bowl. For me they are super yummy!
Herbsmith was founded by Chris Bessent, D.V.M., who practices holistic veterinary medicine. She uses Chinese herbal combinations in her practice in Wisconsin, where she works daily with dogs and horses. The natural joint supplements normally show results in just a few weeks time. This has been the case for me, as I was back smiling, walking, and jumping within about two weeks. I am sleeping less too, because I feel better, and I want to be active again. It sure puts a smile on my little mug!
If you know me in the furs, you know I’m rarely in a rush, but I think from this short video taken of me walking in the park one morning, you will see how good I feel. My body moves well, at a good speed, and my tail is wagging now and then.
I’m excited to tell you that Herbsmith is going to give away one – sixty count package of Sound Dog Viscosity in either small or large depending on the size of the winner’s dog. Whether you have an active pup you want to support, or an older dog with some joint pain, I highly recommend this product! Mom is amazed at how much better I’m feeling. She says the old Emma is back, and it makes us both really happy! Simply enter through the giveaway widget below.