Do you celebrate National Dog Week? This week is National Dog Week, and I have five ideas to help you celebrate. Of course, at my house I think every week is our week, but not every dog is so lucky. National Dog Week is the idea of Captain Wm. Lewis Judy, who started National Dog week in 1928. Yes, this is the ninety first year! So, here are the ideas my sister and I came up with to help people celebrate dogs this week!
1. Get your dog a new toy! If your dog enjoys toys, a new toy would be ideal. Olivia has so many toys, but she always gets excited over a new toy. Mom recently got her some Vikings toys from the NFL dog line. Who knew the NFL sells dog stuff?
2. Humans are always so busy, and we dogs hang out patiently waiting for their attention. This week, try to spend an extra five or ten minutes a day playing with your dog. Mom has been squeezing in some extra sports practice with us, which is like playing.
3. Grab your pup some new treats! It’s fall, and our taste buds enjoy some new fall flavored treats just like humans do. We all love the Halo Turkey and Cranberry treats. They are super healthy, and taste great. Even Mom thinks they smell good enough for her to eat, but she hasn’t tried one yet.
4. Take your dog for a nice walk. Go someplace new, or to a place you don’t go as often. We walk several times a day, but are always happy to walk even more. Remember, puppies, like Olivia should not go for long walks.
5. Whether you have a dog or not, donating something for dogs to your local shelter is a great idea. Dogs without homes really appreciate your time, or donations.
It’s easy to celebrate National Dog Week! What are you doing to make it special for your dog?
We’re thankful to be nicely spoiled dogs, so we’re joining the Brian’s Home Blog Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!