Have you wondered if your dog should sleep in bed with you? It seems to be rather controversial, but we have ten great reasons for dogs in bed. At our house we love being in the big bed at night with our mom but her previous dogs were not bed dogs. She is super happy having us all there with her at night and feels bad her other dogs didn’t get that opportunity. Let’s take a look at why dogs in bed is a good thing.
10 reasons why your dog should sleep in bed with you
- Our favorite reason is cuddle time We get to spend the entire night cuddling and snuggling with our human.
- We keep the bed warm, and sometimes warm up Mom’s spot before she comes to bed. It’s great in the winter.
- Dogs love to be with their people, even when they are sleeping.
- It builds a stronger bond between dog and human.
- Humans tend to feel safer having their dog with them while they sleep.
- Sleeping with your dog in your bed helps reduce insomnia.
- Overall sleep quality is increased.
- Blood pressure is often lowered when a dog is in the presence of the human.
- There is less depression in humans who spend more time with their dog, including sleeping.
- Stress levels are decreased whenever humans are in contact with their dog.
Now we thought we would talk about what we love about sleeping in bed with mom. What do I like? I sleep at the foot of the bed. My favorite thing is being the one who hops out of bed with Mom every morning to get some extra loving before my lazy sisters actually get up.
Madison sleeps curled up in a ball on one side of Mom’s pillow. Her favorite thing about being in bed is when Mom first wakes up because she gets a nice belly rub.
Olivia is the crazy one. She sleeps with her behind up by the pillows and lays right up tight to Mom. Almost every night she kicks Mom in the face with one of her big back paws while she is dreaming. She also tends to snore like an old man! Mom says she doesn’t mind, any of that nonsense.
Mom loves having us all in bed, despite it being a bit crowded, and we also love all being together. What do you think, does your dog sleep in bed with you?
My GBGV Life is happy, so we’re joining Comedy Plus for Happy Tuesday!