Today is Random Acts of Kindness Day in the USA. This day happens every year on February 17th. What can you and your dog do to celebrate? First of all remember that No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. I’m helping out my stuffed bird who has a wing that is almost all torn off. I know he appreciates my being nice to him today.
What You Can Do That Is Pet Related
- Share your dog bed with the cat no matter how hard it is for you to do. The cat will appreciate it.
- Bake some dog treats and give them to your neighbor dogs.
- Offer to walk dogs at a local shelter. Those poor pups don’t get a lot of walks.
- Bring food, beds, and toys to shelters and rescues for those animals looking for homes.
- Donate old blankets and towels to a vet clinic as they are always in need of these things.
- Adopt a poop. If you are out walking and find a pile someone neglected to pick up, pick it up.
What You Can Do For Humans
- If you know someone who needs it, give them a pat on the back. They will appreciate it.
- Help an elderly or ill person with some yard work, or snow shoveling.
- Donate food to a food shelf.
- Round up at the register if it is an option when you are shopping.
- Make sure and thank employees who help you when you are out and about today and every day.
- If you are not wearing a mask, smile at people. Smiling is contagious.
Random acts of kindness are so simple and mean so much to everyone. One should really practice these things every single day, but today, do them a bit more. The world will be a better place if people learn to be nice to one another. There is no reason to not be kind, and there is every reason to be kind. Do you have anything special planned to do today?