TNT will make this a very long holiday weekend. With the 4th of July on Monday, we will have at least four nights of fireworks to deal with. Every year it gets worse, and this year with so many cities not doing fireworks, even more people will be doing their own. Two of us are terrified of all the noise, Olivia, it just depends and Nelson seems fine with it all for now.
What don’t we like about fireworks?
- They are so loud and random.
- Some are so loud our house shakes.
- The smell from the stuff that makes them burn.
- Weird lights in the sky.
Why can’t we do something to not be scared?
- Knock out pills don’t work.
- CBD doesn’t help much at all.
- Turning on lights and loud music or TV doesn’t cover the noise.
- There is nowhere to go where we don’t have fireworks.
- We have tried everything we can think of but nothing comforts us, heck, even Mom gets scared with the loud booms.
What do we wish?
- People would be reasonable and only set off fireworks around dusk, not all weekend and until all hours of the night.
- Dog parents should keep their pets in the house so they don’t panic and run away from home.
- All dogs need to have proper ID, just in case they get spooked and take off.
- Mom wants lots of time to nap because with all the TNT being sold, we know there won’t be much sleep at night.
Have a safe 4th of July weekend, and make sure to take good care of your furry ones and also be considerate of your fellow humans.