Becoming an Official Minnesota Snow Hound is something a dog has to earn. We have had two small snow events here so far this season, but Tuesday we finally got a real nice load of snow. Not only is snow and winter for play, there are things a pup has to learn about living with it.
Being as Nelson and I are pretty tight buddies, I took on the job of explaining all the things he needs to know about winter and snow in Minnesota. Of course, a game of chase helps break the seriousness of the entire thing.
This snowfall dumped a good seven to eight inches of lovely powder on us. Previous little snows left grass and stuff peaking out, but now that is all gone. For humans, that may not seem like a big deal, but for pups, it means we have to rethink a lot of things. In order to be a real Minnesota snow hound, Nelson needs to understand what to do in the snow.
- You are allowed to pee on snow. Do not be scared, it will melt the snow and color it yellow.
- Never eat yellow snow.
- Don’t leave toys in the yard in the winter or they will be missing until spring.
- Sometimes it is too cold go be outside for more than a short amount of time.
- Snowbanks are made for climbing and have no money in them. They are a special kind of bank.
- Sometimes you can walk on snow, other times you may fall through.
- The hardest lesson – where do you do your business if there is no grass? Answer, anywhere on the snow.
Aside from issues figuring out the last point, Nelson grasped the concept of deeper snow very quickly. He loves to race around in it. We are all thankful for that because it wears him out!
He is a strong young fellow as you can see here when he is powering up. For Nelson, just running around with himself is a blast!
Do you remember Air Jordan? Well, that is now out, but Air Nelson is totally in! He looks so cute all in form.
After catching a lot of air while racing through the snow, the splashdown can be pretty cool looking.
Overall, our little brother is one happy Minnesota snow hound! He still wants more snow to play in, but we all do. It is early in the season.
My GBGV Life is joining Brian’s Home Blog in the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!