There’s a new teenager in town, My GBGV Life starts its thirteenth year of blogging today! It’s hard to believe it has been that long, but out of all of us here, only cat bro Bert was alive when the blog first started in 2011. At that time, no one even knew if the blog would make it for a year.
As the first post was published, this was the homemade header. The first two years or so, Emma used the free WordPress site. She created her own headers and graphics too. In 2013, Mom attended her first BlogPaws and learned about self hosted sites, logos, and other fun stuff.
In 2014, the logo was born. We love it to this day. Emma created things that would still work even if she was no longer here. Sadly, she is no longer here, but her foundation work is paying off.
Some other fun facts about the past twelve years of blogging:
- There have been 3047 posts in the twelve years of blogging.
- We have 127,312 total comments since starting the blog.
- Our Facebook page has about 4100 followers.
- Twitter has 9945 followers, sadly Twitter is something we are not using since it became X.
- No one would ever have guessed there would be four GBGV’s working on this blog when it started in 2011.
We look forward to our thirteenth (teenager) year. Who knows where the blog will go, but we do enjoy it and we hope to keep on blogging for the foreseeable future. Thank you to all our online friends and followers, we really appreciate you all!
Sorry, we are wordy today on Wordless Wednesday, but starting thirteen years of blogging can’t be done without words.
My GBGV Life is joining Comedy Plus for some Wordless Wednesday fun.</