What are dogs and their humans thankful for? We are good for each other for too many reasons to count. For today, I decided on six things for us dogs and six for the humans to share with you.
Let’s start with why we pups are so thankful for our humans.
- This first one is easy. We are super thankful that we have at least one human in our lives. Humans make our lives better.
- Humans give the best ear scritches and belly rubs.
- Life without toys would be soooo boring. Humans buy us toys so we have fun things to play with.
- Snacks! This is one of the best things. What dog isn’t interested in snacks?
- Walking and/or running is more fun with a human. Everyone needs exercise and it is more fun when you are not alone.
- Bedtime. Comfy, cozy dog beds are a true luxury. Some humans, like ours, even let us sleep in the big amazing human bed. After a good sleep, we wake up feeling Grand.
How about humans. What do we do for humans that they love?
- We give our humans purpose in their lives.
- All dogs, not just long eared ones make excellent listeners for whatever humans have to tell us.
- Walking and running is boring all alone, but not with a dog or two or four!
- Studies have shown that a canine companion lowers human stress levels.
- Laughter is good medicine and we pups are good at making our humans laugh.
- Having a dog often helps humans make new friends whether the other people have their own dog or not.
Dogs and their humans are a win all the way around. I could go on and on about why we are good for each other but for today, my selection of a few reasons is a good start.
My GBGV Life is joining Brian’s Home Blog in the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!