There are only a couple days left in 2016 which is why it is time for me to look back at the year in review. The good, the bad, the ugly, I’ll take a quick peak at it all. Are you with me?
Overall, 2016 wasn’t really a stellar year for us. We have had a ton of ups and downs, including really big downs. Thankfully, GBGV’s are happy, optimistic dogs, and my mom is also one who keeps looking forward, so we survived! At our house we don’t believe in New Years Resolutions, we simply set goals we want to achieve. I’ll include some of our goals in this post as well.
As you know, losing my big sister Katie in June was the worst part of the entire year. We miss her every single day, and Mom still has a really hard time not crying when she thinks of Katie. She was such a precious, wonderful soul, it’s hard to believe she really is gone!
Probably the best thing to happen in 2016 was the arrival of Ethos Intel Inside, our little sister Madison! She is smart, sweet, and super snuggly. Madison is by no means a replacement for Katie, but Katie has shown us over and over that she is still with us through Madison. We firmly believe things happen for a reason, and all the coincidences with Madison have proven to us that Katie is behind them.
Our sports did not go all that well this year. Bailie is proud to have earned her L1V Title in April , and her NW1 Title in May. Unfortunately, she did not get her NW2 Title. We are sure she will get that NW2 Title this spring if she can get a spot in a trial!
Mom and I have had a big disconnect this year. Lots of things have gone wrong, and it put the brakes on our nose work success. I did finish up my Level 1 Elements in June with a L1I Title, but that was my only title this year. We have been working hard and are starting to get back to our old successful ways and hope to get my NW3 Title in 2017. I also did not get a spot in a tracking test, so my certification will expire and I don’t plan to try it again. I will leave tracking to my sisters.
We have a lot of plans for nose work in 2017. There will be quite a few local trials and we are planning on traveling to some trials as well. Having put in a lot of work, and learned from our trials this year, we are confident it will be a much better year for Bailie and me!
Madison was only with us for a small part of 2016, but she did successfully graduate from Puppy Einstein Class. She also has aspirations for 2017 including a Puppy Agility Class, Obedience Class, starting her Nose Work career, and she hopes to earn her CGC Title in the spring.
Mom started her new business in October. It has been slow going, but we can see it is picking up and will most likely start to get real busy in the next few months. Hopefully, she will still have plenty of time for us and the blog!
My GBGV Life has continued to grow in 2016. I’m so thankful to have so many friends and followers! When I started it all back in November 2011, I had no idea how big things would get, and that I would still be working at it over five years later! Thank you all so much for your support! I have put together a few statistics that I find interesting.
- Since starting my blog, I’ve had over 77,000 views! The first year I only had 518 views! I remember the beginning was rather depressing, but I stuck with it! I think Gramma was my only fan!
- My blog fans come mostly from the USA, with the UK in second place, and Canada in third.
- This month I surpassed 10,000 Twitter followers and am currently just shy of 10,300!
- My Instagram account too, has grown! I’m now at almost 2500 followers. The past six months or so, I’ve really started to find Instagram to be the most fun of my social media accounts. I do a lot of posting there that is not on the blog or other social media accounts.
- Facebook is a tough nut to crack. They make it more and more difficult for pages to be seen all the time. I’m thankful for the following I have, almost 3400, as it is a solid following, but growth on Facebook is tough!
- I do love Pinterest, but I don’t do a whole lot of posting there. My follower count has been stuck around 1600 for quite a while. I suppose I post a few times a week, but it is a lot more complicated and I simply haven’t seen enough positive results to spend more time on it.
That is pretty much my 2016 year in review. Nothing really new, nothing really surprising, just the facts. Paws crossed for a more successful 2017!